Senior GIS Analyst
CNC Engineering is seeking a qualified, detail oriented Senior GIS Analyst who under the direction of the GIS Manager will be the technical lead responsible for map production, data analysis, GPS data collection, and the development and maintenance of geodatabases. The Senior GIS Analyst will be proficient with the Enterprise GIS platform.
The essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in GIS department administration (includes meetings, project participation, GIS architecture design, establishing standards, and system administration).
- Lead as a team member and provide technical assistance to staff.
- Maintain a personal knowledge of GIS innovations and related hardware/software matters and make recommendations on solutions to problems using GIS.
- Collect GIS data in the field which may entail the use of GPS technology (ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS Survey 123, ArcGIS Collector, Trimble).
- Collect data and information from a variety of sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases.
- Convert AutoCAD basemaps to GIS data.
- Develop tools and workflows to automate and/or improve efficiency of GIS operations.
- Supervise the creation, editing, and QA/QC process of geospatial data including metadata documentation.
- Produce high-quality cartographic products and web-based GIS applications.
- Perform spatial analysis.
- Create statistical summaries, and reports.
- Attend GIS conferences, user groups, technical training.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, or a related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Excellent problem solving, time management, listening, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with ArcGIS Enterprise including Server, Portal, Web AppBuilder, and ArcGIS Online.
- Experience with ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS Navigator, ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS Workforce, ArcGIS Survey 123, and ArcGIS Quick Capture.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with scripting with Python and SQL.
- Working knowledge of PC applications: Windows and Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with the setup, configuration, performance tuning, testing, and maintenance of an Enterprise GIS.
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition)
- Graphic design, web design, cartographic design
- Experience with Cartegraph Operations Management Systems (OMS) or any other industry leading asset management system.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and detailed maps.
- Experience with or basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D.
- Experience with AutoCAD to GIS data conversions.
- Hands-on experience with GPS technology and field collection techniques.
- Experience integrating GIS software solutions with other business systems.