CNC Engineering is seeking a qualified, detail-oriented GIS Analyst who under the direction of the GIS Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining maps, databases, and GIS web applications; creating, collecting, and editing geospatial data; performing spatial data analysis; creating statistical summaries and reports; and maintaining metadata documentation. The GIS Analyst will be proficient with the ArcGIS Enterprise platform. This position is based out of the City of Industry, CA office.
The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in GIS department administration (includes meetings, project participation, GIS architecture design, maintenance of databases).
- Design and development of the GIS web applications.
- Create, edit, QA/QC geospatial data including metadata documentation.
- Collect data and information from a variety of sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases.
- Data verification and field work which may entail the use of GPS technology.
- Convert AutoCAD basemaps to GIS data.
- Perform spatial analysis on GIS data.
- Produce high-quality cartographic products for paper and online distribution.
- Create statistical summaries, reports, and other GIS products.
- Provide data or maps to meet expectations of the staff.
- Manage reoccurring and as-needed data and map requests.
- Maintain a personal knowledge of GIS innovations and related hardware/software matters.
- Manipulates workflows to more efficiently support the staff.
- Attend GIS conferences, user groups, technical training.
- Provide technical support for GIS software to staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Be a team player with a teachable attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field with demonstrated GIS training or coursework.
- 3+ years of experience in GIS. An equivalent combination of recent education and job experience may be sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties.
- Some programming and scripting experience with Python.
- Working knowledge of PC applications: Windows and Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent problem solving, time management, listening, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition)
- Experience with Cartegraph Operations Management Systems (OMS) or any other industry leading asset management system.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and detailed maps.
- Experience with or basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D.