CNC Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer with at least 3 years of qualifying experience in the power industry. This position will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager of the Electrical Utility and will work on various municipal electrical systems including distribution lines, distributing substation, street lighting and electrical service to miscellaneous city buildings and parking lot facilities.
The essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead design and review of detailed design and construction drawings for underground distribution lines, on site transformation facilities for the electrical services to customers and distributing substation.
- Lead electrical equipment specifications and detailed materials lists for rebuilding or adding to an electrical distribution system and city facilities.
- Manage the detailed design and construction drawings and specifications for street lighting systems and conversion of streetlights to LEDs.
- Lead investigation of transformer loads and review load additions to existing electrical services to determine overloaded transformers and required replacement.
- Prepare or review data for reports to governmental agencies and maintain accurate records
- Perform field work, such as the inspection of existing conditions and new additions or progress of construction on projects.
- Develop an understanding of the operation of electrical distribution systems, substation and street lighting systems, including power purchase agreements and compliance with the current laws and regulation of an electrical utility.
- Attend meetings, as necessary, with clients.
- Be a team player with a teachable attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited institution, with knowledge of principles of electricity, physics and mathematics. Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with Power Option, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of electrical drafting methods and equipment and experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Understanding of software such as ETAP and SKM used for system analysis.
Licenses & Certificates
A California professional Electrical Engineer license is desired. An EIT is preferred. A valid California Class “C” driver’s license or equivalent for site visits.