Electrical Engineer – Electric Utility
CNC is seeking an Electrical Engineer with at least 5 years of experience. This position will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager and will work on various municipal electrical systems including distribution and transmission lines, substation, street lighting and electrical service to miscellaneous city facilities.
- Design and review detailed design and construction drawings for underground transmission and distribution facilities and substation
- Prepare electrical equipment specifications and detailed materials lists for rebuilding or adding to an electrical distribution system facility
- Create detailed design and construction drawings and specifications for street lighting systems and conversion of streetlights to LEDs
- Investigate transformer loads and review load additions to existing electrical services to determine overloaded transformers and required replacement
- Prepare or review data for reports to governmental agencies and maintain accurate records
- Perform field work, such as the inspection of existing conditions and new additions or progress of construction on projects
- Develop an understanding of the operation of electrical distribution systems, substation and street lighting systems, including power purchase agreements and compliance with the current laws and regulation of an electrical utility
- Attend meetings, as necessary, with clients
- Be a team player with a teachable attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited institution, with knowledge of principles of electricity, physics and mathematics. Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with Power Option, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of electrical drafting methods and equipment and experience with AutoCAD preferred
Licenses & Certificates
A valid California Class “C” driver’s license or equivalent for site visits. A California professional Electrical Engineer license preferred.