City of Costa Mesa
– Boundary Survey
– Community Outreach
– Topographic and Aerial Survey
– Legal Descriptions and Plats
– Property Appraisals
CNC prepared the preliminary and final design for the widening of this arterial intersection with an estimated average daily traffic of about 100,000 vehicles. The widening required acquisition of right-of-way from eleven (11) separate parcels. Work performed by CNC to assist the City with this right-of-way acquisition included the following:
- CNC met with the owners and tenants of all affected businesses to discuss the project impact on their property and the various options for mitigating the impacts.
- CNC performed a detailed topographic field and aerial survey of each site.
- CNC performed a detailed boundary survey of each parcel.
- Upon final design approval, CNC prepared the legal description and plat for right-of-way acquisition for each parcel.
- CNC worked closely with an independent real estate appraiser to assist with the negotiations.