CNC Engineering is seeking a qualified, detail oriented GIS Analyst who under the direction of the GIS Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining maps, databases, and GIS web applications; creating, collecting, and editing geospatial data; performing spatial data analysis; creating statistical summaries and reports; and maintaining metadata documentation. The GIS Analyst will be proficient with the ArcGIS Online platform.
The essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in GIS department administration (includes meetings, project participation, GIS architecture design, maintenance of databases).
- Design and development of the GIS web applications.
- Create, edit, supervise QA/QC geospatial data including metadata documentation.
- Collect data and information from a variety of sources for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases.
- Data verification and field work which may entail the use of GPS technology.
- Convert AutoCAD basemaps to GIS data.
- Perform spatial analysis on GIS data.
- Produce high-quality cartographic products for paper and online distribution.
- Create statistical summaries, reports, and other GIS products.
- Provide data or maps to meet expectations of the City’s government staff.
- Manage reoccurring and as-needed data and map requests.
- Maintain a personal knowledge of GIS innovations and related hardware/software matters.
- Manipulates workflows to more efficiently support the City.
- Attend GIS conferences, user groups, technical training.
- Provide technical support for GIS software to staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- 3-6 years of experience with the ESRI suite of products (ArcMap 10.0 or later, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) using editing tools, geoprocessing tools, performing spatial analysis, and creating geodatabases.
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Apps (Collector, Navigator, Operations Dashboards, Explorer, Workforce, Survey 123, Quick Capture).
- Working knowledge of PC applications: Windows and Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent problem solving, time management, listening, and verbal/written communication skills.
- ESRI Arcmap, ArcGIS Online
- GIS data editing/conversion
- Experience with AutoCAD to GIS data conversions.
- Hands-on experience with GPS technology and field collection techniques.
- Experience with geodatabases and underlying DBMS technology such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Some programming and scripting experience with Python.
- Experience integrating GIS software solutions with other business systems.
- Experience with Cartegraph Operations Management Systems (OMS) or any other industry leading asset management system.